Strips of chicken tenderloin, bell peppers, and onions get the quick saute treatment in this easy recipe for chicken fajitas. “A simple, healthy dinner that’s sure to please everyone’s taste buds,” says LLIGETT. “A favorite at our Mexican nights in college! Serve on tortillas with desired garnishes (cheese, sour cream, salsa, lettuce, tomato, guacamole).”
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 10 ounces chicken tenderloins, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- Step 1
- Mix garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, and basil in a large bowl. Add chicken strips; stir to coat with garlic powder mixture.
- Step 2
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
Per Serving:173 calories; 8.9 g total fat; 40 mg cholesterol; 49 mg sodium. 7.4 g carbohydrates; 15.9 g protein;