Very easy, yet very good wet burritos. I got this recipe from a friend, and everyone I serve them to asks for the recipe. Serve with guacamole, sour cream and salsa.
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- Step 1
- Crumble ground beef into a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until evenly browned. Add onion, and cook until translucent. Drain grease, and season with garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir in the green chilies and refried beans until well blended. Turn off heat, but keep warm.
- Step 2
- In a saucepan, combine the chili without beans, tomato soup and enchilada sauce. Mix well, and cook over medium heat until heated through. Turn off heat and keep warm.
- Step 3
- Place a warmed tortilla on a plate, and spoon a generous 1/2 cup of the ground beef mixture onto the center. Top with lettuce and tomato to your liking. Roll up tortilla over the filling. Spoon a generous amount of the sauce over the top, and sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, or until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving:916 calories; 42 g total fat; 122 mg cholesterol; 2285 mg sodium. 92 g carbohydrates; 43.9 g protein;