This Mexican-inspired meatloaf recipe puts a new twist on a comfort food classic. It features crushed tortilla chips and taco seasoning. “Delicious!” raves Laura Wilson. “If your family likes tacos and meatloaf then this recipe is for you! Prep was super easy. I served it with chips/salsa and Mexican rice.”
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- ¾ cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup mild red taco sauce, or more to taste
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 2
- Thoroughly combine beef, tortilla chips, pepper Jack cheese, onion, and taco seasoning in a bowl.
- Step 3
- Whisk eggs, milk, and taco sauce together in a separate bowl. Add to meat mixture and stir until well combined.
- Step 4
- Press mixture into a 9×5-inch loaf pan and top with a strip of taco sauce down the center.
- Step 5
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through and browned on top, 45 to 60 minutes.
Per Serving:272 calories; 16.6 g total fat; 120 mg cholesterol; 468 mg sodium. 7.1 g carbohydrates; 21.6 g protein;