A–delightfully– different– salsa for– the true salsa– lover, this– bittersweet– salsa is– often– found– in Mexican cuisine– as well as– Persian.
- 1 1/2 sprigs fresh mint, chopped
- 1 1/2 bunches fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 bunches Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 pomegranate, skin and light-colored membrane removed
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- ground white pepper to taste
- Prep 20 minutes
- Ready In 2 h 20 minutes
- In a medium bowl, toss together mint, cilantro, Italian flat-leaf parsley, red onion, pomegranate, lime juice, lime zest, jalapeno pepper, serrano pepper, tomato, and olive oil. Season with salt and white pepper. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.
Per Serving: 119 calories; 7.3 g fat; 14 g carbohydrates; 2.1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 26 mg sodium.