These simple, no-mess fish tacos are perfect for anyone (not just beginner cooks) who hates the mess of battering and frying fish. The secret is crispy fish sticks! You’ll fill warmed corn tortillas with crispy fish sticks and cabbage, and top with tartar sauce and salsa.
- 30 breaded frozen fish sticks
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1/2 pound finely shredded red cabbage
- 3/4 cup tartar sauce
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Prep 15 minutes
- Cook 20 minutes
- Ready In 35 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Arrange fish sticks in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until crisp and golden brown. Remove from heat and cut into thirds.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the tortillas until soft. Drain on paper towels.
- Fill the heated tortillas with fish stick portions, cabbage, tartar sauce, and salsa to serve.
Per Serving: 385 calories; 28.6 g fat; 25.7 g carbohydrates; 7.8 g protein; 21 mg cholesterol; 428 mg sodium.