Browned, taco-seasoned ground beef is layered with canned refried beans and salsa in a casserole dish. Top it off with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. “This is a great recipe! It is tasty, quick, and versatile,” says LADYBUG611.
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C).
- Step 2
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, and drain fat. Mix in dry taco seasoning.
- Step 3
- Spoon browned meat into a 9×13 inch glass baking dish. Spoon a layer of refried beans over meat, then salsa. Top with shredded cheese.
- Step 4
- Bake about 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
Per Serving:413 calories; 26.9 g total fat; 93 mg cholesterol; 1037 mg sodium. 15.4 g carbohydrates; 25.9 g protein;