“A fabulously easy and delicious take on a favorite, this lasagna is full of Mexican flavors and uses layers of corn tortillas in place of noodles,” says SunnyDaysNora. “Easy to adapt and personalize — try adding sauteed veggies, Spanish rice, diced jalapeno, or even switching out the red salsa for green!”
- cooking spray
- 4 cups salsa roja, divided
- 12 corn tortillas, divided
- 1 1/2 cups refried beans
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 3 cups chopped grilled boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese blend, divided
- Prep 10 minutes
- Cook 20 minutes
- Ready In 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread 1/2 cup of salsa on the bottom of the prepared baking dish and cover with a layer of corn tortillas. Tear tortillas to fit any empty spaces and cover entire bottom of pan.
- Spread tortillas with 1/2 of the refried beans. Top beans with corn kernels, 1 cup of salsa, and 1 cup of Mexican cheese. Add a layer of corn tortillas. Cover tortilla layer with remaining refried beans, chicken, 1 cup of salsa, and 1 cup of Mexican cheese. Add a layer of corn tortillas. Pour remaining salsa over top of tortillas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven, 20 to 25 minutes.
Per Serving: 286 calories; 12.6 g fat; 26.6 g carbohydrates; 18.7 g protein; 51 mg cholesterol; 850 mg sodium.